Would you like to know more about the role of medical assistants? Are you interested in what medical assistant duties involve? Also known as a medical administrative assistant or medical assistants, a medical office assistant performs a wide range of duties that are imperative to the smooth operation of a variety of medical offices. Medical office assistant duties can include updating patient files, filling out insurance forms, coordinating laboratory services, answering phones, ordering and maintaining medical supplies and equipment, and more. As the healthcare industry continues to expand, so does the need for medical office assistants. Many doctor's offices have come to rely on the work of a medical administrative assistant who performs a number of important medical office assistant duties.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the role of medical office assistant professional
- Recall the steps for managing patient records
- Recognize the standards for professional oral and written communication
- List the steps for managing various office financials
- Define the requirements for basic office management
Education and National Certifications
- Students should have or be pursuing a high school diploma or GED.
- Students who complete this program will be eligible to sit for the NHA CMAA