The Agile Project Development Specialist
Ideally suited for those involved with a development project, Agile skills ensure professionals have thetools to improve project & performance through earlier visibility. Best suited to those looking to improvetheir project management expertise through scrum master certification, Scrum is a horizontal framework,all departments and levels can benefit from it and all will need training on these ideas in order tosuccessfully transition a company. While the most popular market is the in software industry, there areother industries that benefit greatly from this methodology: manufacturing, research and development,service industries like healthcare and education, and even promoting.
The Agile Project Development Specialist Program
This program offers a comprehensive study of materials that will help learners to fully understand theconcepts of Agile and Scrum. Beginning with an introduction to the core philosophy of Agile and the basicstructure of an Agile project, the following modules address specific challenges that may be encounteredby teams using Agile, best practices for integrating Agile methods into Waterfall environments, and theprinciples of Scrum, one of several specialized Agile methods. With examples from Fortune 1000companies and other common practice tips, the course will apply to those in the IT business,manufacturing, construction, healthcare, education, and even to stay-at-home moms. Introducedrecommendations, metrics, and resources will prove useful information to continue your journey inimplementing Agile techniques, with an emphasis on the Scrum framework.
At the conclusion of this program, students will be able to:
- Explain common terms and concepts related to Agile development
- Define Agile development and differentiate it from traditional Waterfall practices
- Identify the similarities and differences among several Agile tools and methodologies
- Describe the stages of the Agile development cycle and identify the factors that promote projectsuccess
- Understand the nuances of leading and working with Agile teams
- Define essential Scrum terms and identify the interdependent nature of key concepts
- Summarize the specific, distinct roles that practitioners assume in effective Scrum frameworks
- Identify the stages of the Scrum cycle and explain how these stages combine to meet evolvingcustomer needs and requirements
- Compare and contrast the three primary Scrum artifacts and detail how they integrate to ensure acommon understanding of project expectations
- Describe several tools and techniques that help project participants meet and exceed customer needsand wants Identify the underlying issues that lead to common problems for Agile teams
- Recognize negative behaviors that inhibit team development
- Describe ways to keep an Agile team focused on delivering value
- List strategies for uncovering additional stakeholders and project participants to enhance projectfeedback
- Give examples of the "must have" skills that product owners should possess
- Describe how to reorganize daily stand-ups to improve their performance
- Summarize options for overcoming velocity estimation mistakes
- Outline effective rewards and acknowledgments that promote team cohesion and interactionDescribe tools and techniques that could assist in Agile integration
- Recognize the problems that Agile and Waterfall collaborators contend with on a regular basis
- Recognize the advantage of "failing fast"
- Uncover impediments or obstacles that may occur when running Agile and Waterfall in parallel
- Examine several project artifacts that can be used to show progress during transitional states
- Identify the essential elements of an integration framework
- Describe ways to temper expectations as integration takes hold
- Prepare for the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® exam
Education and National Certifications
- Students should have or be pursuing a high school diploma or GED.
- Students who complete this course and meet Project Management Institute (PMI) eligibility requirementswould be prepared to sit for the following national certification exams(s)
- PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP®) Exam
Students who complete the Texas A&M University - Texarkana Agile Project Management program will be prepared to sit for the Project Management Institute Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP®) Exam national certification exam(s). In order to work as a Agile Project Management, many states nationwide are requiring that learners achieve national certification prior to working in that state. Students who complete this program are encouraged to complete the practical/clinical externship option with their program. This comprehensive program is designed to prepare students to sit for Project Management Institute Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP®) Exam exam(s). Students who complete this program can and do sit for the Project Management Institute Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP®) Exam national certification exam(s) and are qualified, eligible and prepared to do so.